Last updated: April 20th, 2022
- what personal information we collect and why we collect it;
- how we use your personal information;
- who we share your personal information with; and
- the choices you have to access, update, and remove your personal information from the services.
Please note that Goodszilla reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by posting an updated Policy on the Goodszilla website. The most current version of this Policy will govern Goodszilla’s use of your personal information. By continuing to access the Goodszilla Platform after changes are made to this Policy, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.
- CONSENT FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By providing Goodszilla with your personal information through the Goodszilla Platform or any of our forms, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of such information in accordance with this Policy or for the purposes identified to you at the time you provided the personal information. Any secondary use of the personal information will only be processed with your express consent, except as required by law.
You have the opportunity to withdraw your consent, or to opt-out at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent or to opt-out at any time, including to remove yourself from our email/mailing list, please contact us as set out in Section 15 below.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Goodszilla collects and processes personal information in accordance with this Policy. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others, except as accounted for in this Policy. Goodszilla collects personal information for the purposes of providing our Services to you.
The types of information that Goodszilla collects include:
- Registration Information. If you subscribe to our Services, you need a Goodszilla account to become a registered user. When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your name, email address, username, password, address, and phone number. We may collect your login credentials for the purpose of the administration of your account.
- Seller Posts. If you post to the Goodszilla Platform as a seller, you will be asked to provide your name, email, address and a short bio.
- Billing Information. If you become a seller or a charity user on the Goodszilla Platform, in certain circumstances, you will need to provide us with payment and billing information. Your personal information may be processed or requested by a third party service provider in connection with facilitating payments on the Goodszilla Platform, as further described in Section 6.
- Device Information. When you visit the Goodszilla Platform, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device (“Device Information”). Additionally, as you use the Goodszilla Platform, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Goodszilla websites, and information about how you interact with our websites and mobile applications.
- Donation Information. When a donation is made, Goodszilla collects the donor’s name and email address for the purpose of processing the donation and, where applicable, providing such information to the charity or non-profit organization for their records and/or procuring a tax receipt from the charity or non-profit organization for such donation.
- Charities and Non-Profit Organizations. If you are a charity or non-profit organization that wishes to partner with us, you may need to register by sending us an email to email@example.com with information on your organization, including the organization name, charitable registration number, incorporation number, organization logo, organization contact name, organization contact email, organization contact phone number, mailing address, and social media usernames.
- Mailing Lists and Newsletters. If a user signs up for a newsletter or agrees to receive marketing communications, Goodszilla will send the user newsletters and other marketing information periodically. Any personally identifiable information provided by you will be used for the purpose of delivering newsletters and updates regarding charitable actions that are taking place. A user may opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us as set out in Section 15 below.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Goodszilla collects data related to users of the Goodszilla Platform and individuals that have contacted us regarding our Services through the following methods:
- Direct Interactions. You may give us your personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, personal data you provide when you: (i) request our products or Services; (ii) create a user or seller account on the Goodszilla Platform; (iii) subscribe to our Services; (iv) request marketing to be sent to you; (v) email us and request an email back; (vii) react to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Twitter or Instagram pages); or (viii) provide us with feedback.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions. As you interact with the Goodszilla Platform, we may automatically collect technical data by using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Goodszilla collects information for the following purposes:
- to provide registered users with the Services they sign up for;
- to fulfill purchases that are made through the Goodszilla Platform, including, as applicable, processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations;
- for administration and account management;
- to facilitate communication between Goodszilla and its users, including buyers and sellers;
- to provide you with an invoice or receipt for products you have purchased through the Goodszilla Platform;
- to process donations made by you, assist charities and non-profit organization that you support with keeping up to date donation records (e.g. records for audits, records detailing donation amounts, etc.), and, where applicable, procuring a tax receipt from the charity or non-profit organization;
- to respond to user communications or to send information requested by you, which may include, but is not limited to:
- (i) special offers and updates;
- (ii) updates regarding charities and non-profit organizations that are users of the Goodszilla Platform;
- (iii) updates regarding charitable actions taking place;
- (iv) Goodszilla newsletter; and
- (v) service announcements.
- if you are a charity or non-profit organization, we collect your information to:
- (i) verify your non-profit and/or charitable status;
- (ii) ensure that your organization’s mission is compatible with the Goodszilla goals and values;
- (iii) promote your organization using your logo and charity name on our websites, mobile sites, social media, and the Goodszilla Platform;
- (iv) enable buyers and sellers to donate to your organization through the donation fee upon the sale of an item;
- (v) enable charities and non-profit organizations to sell items to other charities and non-profit organizations or to individuals; and
- (vi) enable you to receive donations from users on the Goodszilla Platform;
- we use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Services (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
You may, at any time, choose to opt-out of receiving communications by clicking the unsubscribe button that is located at the bottom of each email sent from Goodszilla to you.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to Goodszilla, including through Goodszilla’s websites, mobile applications or a prescribed form, is kept confidential unless disclosed in accordance with your express consent or legal requirements. In any event, any personal information provided on the Goodszilla Platform by a user is voluntary: any personal information provided by a user is submitted at their discretion. Please note that revoking your consent may result in not being able to access or utilize certain Goodszilla features.
Goodszilla may use third parties and outside service providers with respect to its website and Services. To the extent that any personal information is provided to these outside parties, such providers should only collect, use, or disclose users’ personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal information provided by Goodszilla users will not be sold, shared, or rented to outside organizations except in accordance with this Policy. Goodszilla reserves the right to contact any user at any time to forward information, respond to questions, or provide notification of any changes to our programs or our policies.
Goodszilla will disclose personal information only if consent is given by the relevant individual or:
- when permitted or required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- to a transferee of all or part of Goodszilla;
- to authorized third parties and service providers in accordance with this Policy;
- to charities or non-profit organizations that request information about their donors to update their donation records; or
- to meet legal obligations, including but not limited to regulatory reporting obligations.
Goodszilla uses the following third parties and service providers:
- we use CanadaHelps to process donations made using our website and to provide tax receipts directly to our donors;
- we use Stripe and other accredited payment processors to process credit card payments and donations made in association with the Goodszilla Platform;
- we use Google Analytics to track anonymous website activity and measure the usage patterns on our website; and
- we use Commerce Dynamics to provide auction features on the Goodszilla Platform.
We may retain other third parties and service providers as we add new services in association with the Goodszilla Platform.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS
You have the right to access personal information that Goodszilla processes about you. You can request from us information about:
- the personal information we hold about you;
- the categories of personal information concerned;
- the purposes of the processing;
- details to whom your personal information has been/will be disclosed;
- how long we retain your personal information;
- if we did not collect the information directly from you, information about the source; and
- how to lodge a complaint with the correct supervisory authority.
You may also request from us the following:
- that we update any incomplete or inaccurate information about you; and
- that we delete your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
You may request we action your rights by contacting us as set out in Section 15 below.
- GOODSZILLA PLUG-IN AND RELATED APPLICATIONS
Goodszilla works with third party retailers (the “Retailers”) through authorized applications that allow customers to make charitable donations with the purchases they make on the Retailers’ websites, mobile sites and/or applications (the “Goodszilla Plug-In”). The Goodszilla Plug-In forms part of the Goodszilla Platform.
When you donate through the Goodszilla Plug-In, we collect the customer’s contact information, which may include their name, email address and phone number. We may also collect location information (e.g. physical address, geolocation, and IP address), device information, and payment information associated with the charitable donation made from the Retailer’s website. We may require this information to process the customer’s donation. This information may be shared with Retailers to monitor the progress of the Goodszilla Plug-In.
For Retailers that have installed the Goodszilla Plug-In on their online store, we may collect location information (e.g. physical address) and their contact information, including name, email address and phone number.
- SOCIAL MEDIA/FORUMS
If you voluntarily submit or post any information, photographs, or other content to any Goodszilla forums, Twitter pages, Instagram pages, or other social networking pages/sites, certain elements of your personal information may be automatically included in the posting, including your user name and email address, and this information may be collected and used by others. Goodszilla has no control over, and is not liable for, the collection, use, or disclosure of any posted user content by users of such forums and social media networking pages. For further clarity, any personal information posted, used, or disclosed via such sites is not subject to this Policy.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Goodszilla’s websites and mobile applications may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that Goodszilla is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage Goodszilla site visitors to be aware that when they visit another site or use another mobile application site, they should thoroughly read the privacy statements of each and every website, tool or application that collects personally identifiable information.
This Policy applies solely to information collected or processed by us.
Cookies are widely used to add functionality to websites, or to ensure they work more efficiently. Our site relies on cookies to optimize the user experience and ensure the Services function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings; however, if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or Services. For more information about cookies please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Goodszilla employs reasonable industry safeguards that are intended to protect our systems against unauthorized use and access to personal information. It is important to remember that no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. Mail, voice communications, faxes, and data transmissions over the Internet are all susceptible to possible loss, misrouting, interception, and misuse of the information being communicated or transmitted. You can prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and securing your access password properly and limiting access to your computer, device, and browser. You should always log out after accessing your account.
Our servers on which your personal information resides are located in Virginia, USA and follow industry standards pertaining to security.
Goodszilla shall comply with, and provide Goodszilla users with, reasonable assistance in complying with applicable laws with respect to any unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of personal information.
Goodszilla only retains personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. When personal information is no longer required for these purposes, it is securely destroyed or deleted. For further details on our data retention periods, please contact us.
Where you have consented for us to use your details for direct marketing, we will keep this data until you notify us or otherwise withdraw your consent.
- ACCESS, QUESTIONS, AND CONCERNS
To review or update your personal information in Goodszilla’s possession, or withdraw consent for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information or name from an email or other mail list, please contact us at:
20 Camden street, suite 200
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1V1